Com Disc: Inclusive Support for Students of Asian Descent
Join us for this Community Discussion, hosted by the Education Abroad: Support & Advising Task Force.
Inclusive Support for Students of Asian Descent in Global Education
Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM EST
Oftentimes, “Asian” is seen as a monolith among students, staff, and faculty alike, when there are many identities and ethnicities under this umbrella. During this session, members of the Diversity Abroad Student Support and Advising Task Force will zoom in on some common misconceptions people have about students of Asian descent, and how outward perceptions impact a student’s global learning experience. Through a professional staff survey, student stories, and additional research, we will examine the overt and underlying challenges that students from Asian descent experience and explore ways to better support them before and during their global learning journey.
- Caroline Zeiher, Edmonds College
- Lindsey Kogasaka, Pomona College
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $99
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.