Orienting European On-site Staff to the US DEI Climate
Join us for a community discussion hosted by the Community of Practice for the region of Europe
Orienting European On-site Student Support Staff to the US DEI Climate
Tuesday, March 21 at 9:00AM EDT (US) / 2:00PM Central European Time
Orienting onsite student support staff to the current US DEI climate so they better understand the context of where students are coming from and what students expect from a provider when it comes to DEI initiatives and advocacy. Acknowledging the important role that on-site student support staff play to support students’ identities abroad, this session is aimed at helping them so that they can best help students experience a sense of belonging while abroad in Europe. Join the Diversity Abroad Community of Practice for the region of Europe for this special community discussion.
Note (engagement level): This webinar will be hosted in the format of a virtual webinar. There will be a moderated panel discussion with time at the end of the discussion for audience questions.
- Sasha Perugini, Ph.D. | Director of Syracuse University, Florence, Italy
- Alexandra Rojas | Director, SRISA, Florence, Italy
- Clara Barbera Tomas | Director for Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion, Berklee School of Music, Valencia, Spain
- Andrea Adams | Board Director, Global Inclusion and Innovation, SRISA-Maryville University
- Antoinette Hertel, Ph.D.
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in and have a licensed access to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $99
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.